R 1200 RT
DO IT YOUR WAY
The new BMW R 1250 RT gives you freedom, and more of it than ever before. The variable camshaft control system BMW ShiftCam ensures superior running smoothness and comfort. For swift cornering and immense torque on the straights. The new Twin-cylinder Boxer engine and its 100 kW (136 HP) 1250 ccm engine let you effortlessly experience the countryside. And your RT is unique thanks to new individualisation options: it's your tour, it's your bike.
Your tour, your style.
A total of five colour versions ensure that your R 1250 RT is a real eye-catcher on any trip. Particularly with the two high-quality Option 719 paints.
Built for touring.
Anticipation and excitement are the most beautiful companions on any tour. With the start of your R 1250 RT, you can feel the superior qualities of the Twin-cylinder Boxer engine. Its performance and enhancement in character of runningfascinate in every engine speed range: the variable camshaft control BMW ShiftCam ensures a smooth unleashing of power throughout the entire engine speed range and boosts your control. Thanks to more cubic capacityand more power with more efficiency, your riding pleasure intensifies mile upon mile. The high torque curve, the elasticity and the irresistible power with fewer gear changes quickly become indispensable companions.
Dynamic Brake Control.
DBC assists you in emergency braking by counteracting the often unwanted gas operation in such an exceptional situation: a control intervention reduces engine torque and at the same time the system increases the braking power at the rear wheel. This results in increased safety and optimal use of braking power to stabilise your bike and shorten the braking distance. For a feeling of supreme confidence when touring.
For your needs.
You can upgrade your BMW R 1250 RT with exclusive, high-quality and design-oriented optional extras from BMW Motorrad Spezial Option 719 and turn it into your bike. BMW Motorrad accessories also will help you find the right luggage solution to meet your requirements and your needs – whether you are travelling in distant countries or on your home country road.
|Type||Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam.|
|Bore x stroke||102,5 mm x 76 mm|
|Rated output||100 kW at 7,750 rpm|
|Max. torque||143 Nm at 6,250 rpm|
|Compression ratio||12,5 : 1|
|Mixture control||Electronic intake pipe injection|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4|
|Performance / fuel consumption|
|Maximum speed||Over 200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC||4.75 l/100km|
|CO2 emission based on WMTC||110 g/km|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON), adapive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)|
|Alternator||Three-phase alternator 508 W (nominal power)|
|Battery||12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Chassis / brakes|
|Frame||Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine|
|Front wheel location / suspension||BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel|
|Suspension travel, front / rear||120 mm / 136 mm|
|Steering head angle||64,1°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheels|
|Rim, front||3,50" x 17"|
|Rim, rear||5,50" x 17"|
|Tyres, front||120/70 ZR 17|
|Tyres, rear||180/55 ZR 17|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)|
|Dimensions / weights|
|Length (over mud guard)||2.222 mm|
|Height (over windshield)||Min. 1,405 mm; max. 1,570 mm (Style Sport: min. 1,360 mm; max. 1,480 mm)|
|Seat height||05 / 825 mm (OE low seat: 760 / 780 mm; OE high seat: 830 / 850 mm)|
|Inner leg curve||1,810 / 1,850 mm (OE low seat: 1,740 / 1,780 mm; OE high seat: 1,875 / 1,915)|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||279 kg|
|Permitted total weight||505 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||226 kg|
|Usable tank volume||Approx. 25 l|
|Reserve||Approx. 4 l|
Water-tight topcase with painted cover in white aluminium metallic matt:
• Large storage space (approx. 49 l), enough for 2 helmets
• Standard backrests for increased comfort of the pillion passenger
• Mounting: simple and convenient without additional parts thanks to a rotation mechanism on the standard luggage carrier
• 2 gas-filled shock absorbers to provide support when opening
• 2 alternative designs: full equipment (only in conjunction with central locking system optional accessory): including electric connection, central locking, interior lighting, topcase bottom section with carpet. Light: reduced scope (no electrics, central locking, interior lighting, carpet)
• Weight: approximately 10 kg
• Maximum payload: 10 kg
• Recommended maximum speed with topcase attached: 180 km/h
• Optional: inner bags for topcase, storage compartment for topcase, additional brake light for topcase (only for topcase with full equipment), topcase lid cover, chrome-plated
Inner bags for touring panniers and topcase
Functional inner bags made of high-quality woven polyester.
• Highly water-resistant
• Perfect fit for maximum utilisation of volume
• Stable floor and reinforced side walls for good hold and a highly rigid construction
• Detachable shoulder strap with adjustable padding
Inner bag for touring panniers:
• Peripheral zip fastener for optimal accessibility
• Practical interior dividers for fixing clothing and other luggage items (cover with bungee-cord spider, net for space dividing)
• Zip outer bags for small parts
• Central carry handle
Inner bag for topcase:
• Cover with long zip fastener, can be folded easily for optimum accessibility
• 2 zip outer bags for small parts (1 on the side, 1 on the cover)
• 2 carry handles that can be easily and securely stored away at the side
• BMW Motorrad lettering and small BMW logo
• Colour: black
Highly functional tank bag made of hard-wearing PVC-coated polyester fabric.
• Precisely adjusted floor panel made from EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) with non-slip PU coating
• Water-tight main component with approx. 11 l capacity
• Inner bag made of nylon mesh with PU coating
• Water-tight thanks to roll closure and taped seams
• Zip fastener can be locked (lock not included in the scope of delivery)
• Carry handle and removable carry strap
• R 1200 RT lettering on the side
• Colour: black
• Optional: Vario insert for tank bag for flexible division of the interior
Highly water-resistant map pocket:
• Large access opening via double sided zip fastener (in the main compartment)
• Non-slip PU coating on the inside
• Water-resistant zip fastener outer bag with bottle holder function: a pull-cord on the inside safely accommodates a 0.5-l PET-bottle, which can be quickly grabbed during a short stop
• Higher and wider than the standard windscreen
• Maximum wind and weather protection for rider and pillion passenger
• Excellent aero-acoustic properties
• With scratch-resistant coating for permanent transparency
• R 1200 RT label in the bottom section
• General Operating Permit (ABE)
Chrome-plated case strip, chrome-plated topcase lid trim
• Tried and tested by K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL
• High-quality chrome highlights for vehicle refinement
• Replace the standard black plastic trims
NAVIGATION AND COMMUNICATION.
Enjoy the best rides of your life.
Let the new Navigator VI take you on some of the best rides of your life. The large 5 inch touchscreen will show you the way to unlimited riding enjoyment. The display features a circular polarization filter (CPOL) that minimizes reflections while improving the contrast and guarantees optimal readability even in direct sunlight. Experience new routes and destinations using the ‘Curvy Roads’ planning option, the ‘Avoid larger main roads’ feature, and the ‘Round trip’ function for round trips by time, distance or intermediate destination. To help you enjoy the best views along the way, the ‘Natural Guidance’ prompts provide you with a precise description of the surrounding area. You set the soundtrack for your journey: with Bluetooth technology and the new “Music Streaming” feature you can listen to titles stored on your smartphone. Be the director and control compatible ‘Action Cams’ directly from the navigator.
In conjunction with the navigation preparation, even more groundbreaking functions such as the ‘My motorcycle’ pages, warning and status messages, as well as the optional ‘Smartphone Link’ app for real-time traffic information and current weather reports will turn your tour into a multimedia experience. The Navigator VI can also be comfortably and safely operated from the handlebars on BMW motorcycles with navigation preparation using the Multi-Controller.
You’ll also receive free lifelong updates to the preinstalled map data.
One more thing: with the optional car installation kit, the Navigator VI is also the ideal travel companion in your car.
Enjoy the best rides of your life.
The Navigator V with the large 5″ TFT colour display is the perfect electronic scout for committed bikers. The BaseCamp software lets you plan your favourite routes down to the very last detail. Pick the quickest or the shortest route, or go with the ‘twisting roads’ option if you prefer the most exciting. The smartphone link app option for traffic information in real time plus weather forecasts tells you exactly what you need to know right when you need it. TTS navigation announcements with detailed descriptions of your surroundings will keep you informed about everything around you on your chosen route. Bluetooth technology and the optional BMW Motorrad communication system transmit routing instructions straight to your helmet by wireless link, and you can use the handsfree function for phone calls.
One more thing: Fit the Navigator V to a BMW motorcycle with navigation preparation and you can keep your hands on the grips at all times and operate the functions conveniently and safely using the Multi-Controller. Map data come pre-installed, and you have lifelong free updates.
Cylinder head cover guard
• Stainless steel cylinder head cover guard
• Comprehensive protection of the cylinder head cover from scratches and stone chips
• Plastic contact guard at outside, replaceable
• Large inner rubber buffer
• BMW Motorrad logotype on contact guard
Safety screw for oil filler cap
• Oil filler cap, lockable with Special Allen key
• Protects the lid from theft and stops foreign substances from entering the oil circuit.
• Milled aluminium, surface silver anodized
• BMW Boxer lettering
• Delivery includes Special Allen key and O-ring
• Paddock stand for rear wheel swinging arm, welded from sturdy stainless steel square tube
• Enables you to jack up motorcycles quickly
• Universally applicable for many BMW Motorrad models
• Functions: thanks to the hollow rear axle, the cross member of the paddock stand is slid. The rear wheel can be lifted using the lever. The diameter of the cross member is adjusted using an adapter.
*The special equipment or optional accessories listed on this page are only an excerpt from the latest BMW Motorrad customization range. All special equipment, optional accessories and packages can be found in the BMW Motorrad configurator.